History & English
About Taylor W. Smith
I moved to Phoenix with my family a year ago, joining the surprisingly large number of transplants from Washington State. While I have not lived here long, I found at Foothills a community committed to innovative learning and helping students gain the knowledge and skills they need to make the world better. I am excited to bring my love of history and learning to this unique academic environment.
The best thing about teaching: Teaching provides a perpetual excuse to keep learning.
Some of my favorite things:
- Color: Green
- Food:A crispy cheese thing that a restaurant called Simon and Seafort’s made when I was a kid. I have no idea what it was called.
- Book: C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce
- Subject: History (because I had good teachers).
- Hobby: If it’s nerdy, I’m probably into it.
- Sports Team: Seattle Sounders/Arizona Cardinals/Seattle Metropolitans
If I wasn’t a teacher, I would be: Some combination of pastor, professional Magic: The Gathering player, and stay-at-home dad.
Why did you choose to become a teacher?
I love learning, and helping others discover the joy of constantly seeking to understand more of people and the world. Teaching provides the best opportunity to actually get paid to do that.