First and Second
About Courtney Snyder
My name is Courtney Snyder. I have lived with my family in Cave Creek for the past 17 years. It is nice not having to drive so far to work. It has been a joy working at Foothills Academy the last two years. I am also blessed to have student taught in the classroom I am currently teaching in now. I love my job, but most of all I love my Honey Bees.
B.A. Secondary Education- Arizona Christian University
2016-Present: Foothills Academy Middle School English Teacher
2015-2016: Freedom Academy South Campus
The best thing about teaching: One of the best things about teaching is seeing a child’s face light up with such excitement because of their accomplishments, such as going up a reading level or mastering a new math concept.
Some of my favorite things:
- Color: PINK! PINK! PINK!
- Food:I am a picky eater, but my favorite foods are cheese pizza, white rice, plain noodles 🙂
- Book: Catcher in the Rye and The Pout-Pout Fish
- Subject: Math, English, Recess
- Hobby: I like to get mani/pedi’s. I enjoy going to paint your own pottery and going to the movies.
- Sports: I like to play soccer
If I wasn’t a teacher, I would be: Traveling the world and exploring different cultures.
Why did you choose to become a teacher?
I was homeschooled until 9th grade and I saw how much fun my mom had teaching my brothers and me. So I thought teaching would be a great profession for me to explore.
I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Grand Canyon University.